Regular Meeting of the New Mexico Museum of Space History’s
Governor’s Commission Friday, October 29, 2021
(Alamogordo, New Mexico, October 18, 2021) – The Governor’s Commission to the New Mexico Museum of Space History will hold a regular quarterly meeting on Friday, October 29, 2021, at 1:00 pm.
The meeting will be held via Zoom and will be carried live on the museum’s youtube channel. The agenda for the meeting will be posted to the museum’s website prior to the meeting. The Zoom link for public attendance is: https://bit.ly/3je6Npk and the youtube link is: https://bit.ly/2YY4AYk
The mission of the Governor’s Commission to the museum is to provide direction, advice, and support to the Director of the Museum in the maintenance and operation of the Museum and all of its activities.
About the New Mexico Museum of Space History:
The New Mexico Museum of Space History in Alamogordo is a division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs. A Smithsonian Affiliate, the museum showcases the significant role New Mexico has played in the development of the U.S. Space Program and features the International Space Hall of Fame, and New Horizons Dome Theater. 3198 State Route 2001 | Alamogordo, NM 88310, (575) 437-2840 or toll free 1-877-333-6589 for more information or visit the website at www.nmspacemuseum.org. Like us at: www.facebook.com/NMSpaceMuseum/
The Mission of the New Mexico Museum of Space History Commission is to provide direction, advice, and support to the Director of the Museum in the maintenance and operation of the Museum and its activities.
- Call To Order – Mr. Jon Haas
- Introductions – Commission and Guests
- Action: Approve agenda for the October 28, 2021 Meeting – Commission
- Action: Approve minutes from the July 16, 2021 Meeting – Commission
- DCA Report – Presenter TBD
- Int’l Space Hall of Fame Foundation Comments – Mr. Johnny Powell and/or Mr. Cliff Hudson
- Division Director’s Report – Mr. Chris Orwoll
- Commission Chair Report – Mr. Jon Haas
- Discussion of Key Decision Schedule for the Commission
- Action: Approve tabled nomination for Chair, Development Committee from July 16, 2021 Meeting
- Action: Approve new admission initiative for CYFD foster child monitors.
- Standing Sub-Committee Reports and discussion of Museum needs for each
- Development Committee
- Mission and Long-Range Planning
- Education Committee (Briefing by staff education team)
- Collections Committee
- Action: Confirm/Establish Dates of Upcoming Meetings – Commission
- 28 Jan 2022
- 22 Apr 2022 (Earth Day)
- Adjournment – Commission
*Except for emergency matters, the Commission cannot take action on new business that is not on the posted agenda. New business requiring action will be added to the agenda for the next meeting of the Commission.